South Dublin County Council are opening our Home Security Scheme (replacement lock) for NEW applications online from 17th December 2020 which was due to close at Thursday 25th March 2021 has now been extended to Wednesday 30th June 2021 at 4pm.
This scheme is to support older, vulnerable or residents living alone to replace their existing external door European Profile Locks with high security anti snap locks. (Up to max of 2 locks per house). Due to Covid restrictions there has been significant delays with installations and if you have already applied and received a letter from us there is no need to apply again or contact us. Our contractors will be in touch as soon as it is safe to recommence installations.
For more information on the scheme including how to apply please click HERE
Timeframe for the scheme:
- Scheme open for applications – Thursday 17th December 2020
- Scheme to close – Wednesday 30th June 2021 at 4pm (revised date). Scheme may close early if quota is reached.
- Contact details provided to Crothers Security - End July 2021
- Installation to commence – August 2021
- Installation to be completed - end December 2021 (depending on government guidelines)