Reuse of Public Sector Information
South Dublin County Council is subject to the European Communities (Re-Use of Public Sector Information) Regulations 2005(SI 279 of 2005). The regulations are available at www.psi.gov.ie
Policy Statement on Release of Data
Information posted on this website may be downloaded and re-used free of charge without application with the following exceptions:
- Photographs and artwork of any kind;
- Brochures, leaflets or other documents whose author is not South Dublin County Council. These items should include a logo or information about the author - for example, the "Delivering Homes, Sustaining Communities" report published by the Department of the Environment, Heritage and Local Government is available on this website for public information purposes and the Department retains copyright for the material;
- Documents, plans, maps, drawings, sketches, photographs etc. which are posted on this website for the purposes of public consultation / inspection at another time or place eg plans, maps, drawings submitted as part of a planning application or as part of an application for a service, grant, license etc.);
- Other maps of any kind;
- Any other documents/information in respect of which third parties hold intellectual property rights, including copyright; Intellectual property rights are likely to be held for material provided by a third party, including links to other websites from this site.
Permission to copy or use any such material must be obtained from the holder of the intellectual property right.
Please note that information and documents obtained from this website may only be reproduced and/or re-used subject to the latest PSI licence available at www.psi.gov.ie
Public Sector Information owned by South Dublin County Council which is not available as set out above may be applied for by writing to: Freedom of Information Officer, Corporate Services Department, South Dublin County Council, County Hall, Tallaght, Dublin 24 or E-mail: email@example.com
The application must be for the release of documents for re-use and must state clearly that the request is for the re-use of public sector information. South Dublin County Council's Freedom of Information, Section 15 Manual includes classes of data/records held by the Council.
The Council will only supply data covered by the Regulations in pre-existing format or language.
As well as data protected by intellectual property rights, the Regulations do not provide for the release of personal data or information protected under the Freedom of Information Act and Data Protection Acts. The Regulations do not permit the release of information in a manner that is otherwise prohibited by law.
For further information on the re-use of information held by South Dublin County Council, please contact Corporate Services Department at 01/ 4149000.
South Dublin County Council is not obliged by the Regulations to release documents for re-use. However, any information released will be subject to terms and conditions of the latest PSI licence available at www.psi.gov.ie or such other terms and conditions as South Dublin County Council deem appropriate.
South County Council is not liable for any loss or liability associated with the re-use of information and does not certify that the information is up-to-date or error free. The Council does not authorize any user to have exclusive rights to re-use the information.
Charges for any documents not available on the website will reflect the cost incurred by South Dublin County Council in the production, collection, reproduction and dissemination of the information. Where charges are made in respect of search and retrieval and copying of documents the following charges will apply:
- €20.95 per hour in respect of the time spent in producing, collecting and reproducing the information for re-use
- €0.04 per photocopy.
- €10.16 for a CD-ROM
The minimum charge for any one document whether issued in hardcopy, electronic or other format will be €5.00. Details of the charges/cost of documents will be given to the applicant before the information is released. All charges must be paid in full before any documents/information will be released.