South Dublin Community Development Committee
Community Enhancement Fund
2nd Round of the COVID-19 Emergency Fund
The 1st round of the 2020 COVID-19 Emergency Fund was launched in April and provided grants to groups that were participating in the Local Authority ledCommunity Call effort in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The 2nd round of the COVID-19 Emergency Fund is now being launched with funding of €77,366 This round will provide grants to community groups to assist them:
- to adapt their services and operations to fit the new COVID-19 reality. Examples of measures supported could be adapting premises to allow for social distancing; offering on-line activities; providing social supports and friendly calls by phone etc.
- to become more involved in the Government's 'Keep Well' campaign. The grants are aimed at assisting participation in the campaign, in particular with the three themes: staying connected, switching off and being creative, and minding your mood.
The grants may also be provided to support groups (including those involved in the community call) with day to day running costs if needed.
Primarily, the Community COVID 19- Resilience Fund will provide support for the following (this is not an exhaustive list):
- new and innovative responses to service delivery impacted by COVID-19
- initiatives to mitigate the current and future impacts of COVID -19
- activities that help vulnerable people (the elderly, people with pre-existing medical conditions etc)
- ongoing needs of vulnerable people to ensure that their health and wellbeing is maintained
- adapting services delivered in the wider community
It is intended that 30% of the funding allocated to each Local Authority area will be ring-fenced for grants of €1,000 or less.
Applications can only be made online at: https://www.tfaforms.com/4880572 The closing date for applications is midnight on Friday 12th March 2021
Further information and advice on the Community COVID 19 Emergency Fund can be obtained by contacting the Community Services Dept: Tel 01-414-9270 or by email at comdevof@SDUBLINCOCO.ie