South Dublin County Local Community Development Committee
South Dublin County Community Facilities Fund 2022
This €9m fund is being provided by the Government to support community and voluntary groups impacted by Covid-19. This once-off fund will be allocated under the Department’s Community Enhancement Programme and in order to ensure there is sufficient flexibility to allow funding to be targeted to where it is needed in each Local Authority area it will be administered locally by the Local Community Development Committees (LCDCs).
South Dublin County will receive €338,797 which comprises:
- €207,043 Current funding (Non-Pay) for use towards running/operating costs
- €131,754 Capital funding for use towards carrying out necessary repairs and improvements to facilities, energy efficiency type projects, purchase of equipment etc.
In general, the Department requests that LCDCs ring fence 30% of its funding for grants of €1,000 or less, this is for guidance only.
The Community Activities Fund will support groups, particularly in disadvantaged areas
- With their non-pay running costs, for example, utility bills (electricity costs, refuse charges, heating charges) or other non-pay operating costs for example rental/lease costs, insurance bills.
- Groups will also be able to use the funding to carry out necessary repairs and improvements to their facilities, purchase equipment, for example tables and chairs, tools and signage, laptops and printers, lawnmowers, canopies and training equipment etc.
Who can apply?
The Community Facilities Fund is open to locally based community and voluntary groups in disadvantaged urban and rural areas, and, not-for-profit organisations in the administrative area of South Dublin County Council. Funding will be targeted at disadvantaged areas or targeted at communities who have specific needs.
The funding could be used for the following (Note: This list is not exhaustive, but gives examples of types of expenditure):
- IT Equipment
- Training Equipment
- Safety Equipment
- General Equipment
- Sports Equipment
- Construction Works
- Energy efficient upgrade
- Renovation of building/premises
- Development of community facilities
- Maintenance of building/premises
- Non-pay Operating / running cost (Give details)
- Other (Give details)
How to Apply
Applications under the Community Facilities Fund 2022 may only be made on-line here:
Guidelines and a privacy statement are available at www.sdcc.ie.The deadline for the submission of online applications is Midnight on Friday 25th February 2022. Late applications will not be considered.
For any queries on the Community Facilities fund 2022 or the application process please contact email@example.com stating “Community Facilities Fund 2022” in the email subject line.
This programme is funded by the Department of Rural and Community Development with support from the Local Community Development Committee (LCDC) and South Dublin County Council. The source of the funding (the Department of Rural and Community Development) is to be acknowledged:
The Community Activities Fund (CAF) is funded by the Department of Rural and Community Development. Please see the following link for a press release on the launch of the CAF at national level by the Minister for Rural and Community Development, Heather Humphreys TD, and the Minister of State with responsibility for Community Development and Charities, Joe O’Brien TD: gov.ie - Ministers Humphreys and O’Brien announce €9 million Fund to support community groups impacted by COVID-19 (www.gov.ie)