Flavours of South Dublin Food and Family Fun Festival takes place on the grounds of Rathfarnham Castle Park on the second last Sunday of June each year. This unique food and family fun festival showcases the very best cuisine from the locality, highlighting the diversity and vibrancy of the food culture in the county, local community and migrant groups showcase their heritage and culture in a dedicated cultural area. The festival is free to attend and a great day out for the whole family.
Visitors and locals alike are encouraged to come along and try some of the gourmet cuisine and delectable tastes and get a chance to see the many cultural stalls. The festival features flavours from around the world, from traditional Irish fare, to Asian dishes, with something to suit all tastes.
At the event you can find the following:
- Demo Kitchen - amazing chefs take part with cooking demonstration on the day.
- Cultural and Craft Village
- Food Village
- Musical Entertainment from International and Local Dance Groups
- Balloon Making and Face Painting
- Free Self Guided Tours of Rathfarnham Castle
- Agri-Aware Pet Farm
- Mobiloo, amongst others…