South Dublin County Council commenced construction of the N81 Cycle Scheme, Fortunestown to Killinarden Cycle Scheme on Monday the 7th of December 2020. The estimated duration of the project will be 8 months. The works include the following:
The scheme includes the following road safety, cycle infrastructure and landscaping improvements for approx. 600m along the N81 at the Fortunestown Road and Killinarden Road junctions:
- Road and junctions realignments;
- Construction of new off-road 2-way cycle track;
- Construction of footpaths through the open green space;
- Pedestrian and cyclist safety improvement works at the N81/Killinarden Hights junction and the N81/Fortunestown Rd junction;
- Improvements to the existing bus stops along the route including laybys;
- Replacement of trees and other landscaping works throughout the scheme;
- Footpath improvement works;
- Provision of new road drainage and associated works where required;
- Provision of new public lighting, road markings and cycle route signage.
- 3 hectares of landscaping to existing green area adjacent to N81, including tree planting, formation of mounds, formation of swales, construction of gravel footpaths, maintenance of newly landscaped areas for 18 months.
During the works there will be traffic management in place on the N81 between the Outer Ring Road and the Fortunestown Road Junctions, and the surrounding adjoining roads. Arrangements will be made to protect pedestrians, cyclists, and vehicular traffic from the works area. Local access will be maintained for the duration of the works, in order to minimise the impact on surrounding residents, businesses and schools. Please note that there will be a supervising Resident Engineer on site acting on the behalf of South Dublin County Council.
We sincerely apologise in advance for any inconveniences that might be caused due to the progression of the works. We will endeavour to minimise disruptions as much as possible. A drawing of the work extents and proposed works is attached.
The scheme is funded by the National Transport Authority
Contact Information for the Works:
South Dublin County Council,
County Hall, Belgard Square North, Dublin 24.
Phone – (01) 4149000
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org