COVID 19 UPDATE - November 2021
Following the latest government guidelines, South Dublin Libraries wish to further enhance the safety of our patrons and staff.
Therefore, from Monday, 22nd of November, anyone over the age 18 attending a library event will be required to produce their COVID vaccination certificate.
A COVID cert is not required for in branch browsing, PC and study space usage.
Please note: all social distancing guidelines must be adhered to and face coverings should be worn at all times.
Our libraries continue to operate on their normal opening hours. Library users can enter the library to browse, return, and self-issue books and other library material. Library users may also choose to drop off library items in a return bin if they do not wish to enter the library.
For the wellbeing of users and staff, please note the following:
- Visitor numbers will be limited. A safe queueing system will operate.
- Face coverings must be worn.
- Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Please ensure you have your library card with you.
- Please consult your local library branch for study space information.
- Printing services will be available and patrons can send printing via thePrint Copy And GOapp .
- Sanitation stations must be used and will be available at the entrance, at self-service kiosks and the printing station.
- Social distancing and respiratory etiquette must always be observed.
- If you or anyone at home has symptoms of Covid-19, please do not visit the library, or return books.
For online collections - eBooks, eMagazines and eNewspapers - click here
For online learning - transparent languages and Universal Class - click here
Social media - Over the past few months South Dublin Libraries have been running online events, uploading online Storytime for children and increasing engagement with following through our social media platforms and websites with podcasts , blogs, and videos promoting the range of eservices we have. Keep an eye on our social media Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for updates and online events.
Contact details for our libraries are in the table below.
There are 7 branch libraries, as well as 4 mobile libraries providing a wide range of stops across South Dublin County.
For Children's and Schools Library Services, please visit this page.
For our Home Delivery Service, please visit this page.
Our branch libraries are open a total of 54.5 hours per week. Click a library link to get opening hours, contacts, maps, directions and events at an individual library.
|County Library, Tallaght|
|Ballyroan Library, Rathfarnham|
|Castletymon Library, Tallaght|
|North Clondalkin Library|
Monday to Thursday 9.45am to 8pm
|Palmerstown Library Digital Hub|
Each branch library hosts:
- a wide range of items to borrow, for both adult and junior patrons, free of charge
- an ongoing programme of talks, workshops and events
- Public Access PCs, as well as printing and scanning services
- Study Spaces
- Magazines, Leaflets and Community Information
To see the specifics of what each library branch holds and offers, please visit that library's page.