The Local Elections 2014 took place on Friday 23rd May 2014.
- Minister Hogan's Press Release - Local Elections Orders.pdf (size 347.2 KB)
- Order - Polling Day - Local Elections.pdf (size 181.3 KB)
- Notice of Election - PUBLISHED 17-04-14.pdf (size 635.1 KB)
- Notice of Poll for 2014 Local Elections
- Results of 2014 Local Elections
The Local Electoral Area Boundary Committee Report 2013 recommended a number of changes to South Dublin County Council’s Local Electoral Areas effective for Local Elections 2014. The Minister for the Environment, Community and Local Government signed the Local Electoral Area Order giving effect to these changes on 31st January 2014.
The Local Electoral Areas are as follows:
- Clondalkin (8 seats)
- Lucan (8 seats)
- Rathfarnham (6 seats)
- Tallaght Central (6 seats)
- Tallaght South (6 seats)
- Templeogue-Terenure (6 seats)
Who can vote at Local Elections?
Expenditure and Donations
The Local Elections (Disclosure of Donations and Expenditure) Act 1999 provides for an expenditure and donations disclosure regime at local elections. Since the last local elections in 2009 there have been a number of legislative changes to the rules on election spending and donations that apply at local elections. These are contained in the Local Government Reform Act 2014 and the Electoral (Amendment) (Political Funding) Act 2012.
The 2014 Guidelines for Candidates and the Guidelines for National Agents, Designated Persons and Third Parties reflect these changes. The statutory obligations for candidates and those for national agents of a political party, designated persons and third parties are set out in the respective guidelines.
- guidelines-for-candidates0.doc (size 646.1 KB)
- guidelines-for-national-agents-designated-persons-and-third-parties.doc (size 785.9 KB)
Guidelines for placing election posters