- This initiative is targeted at first-time buyers and ‘fresh start’ applicants. Details around who can qualify under the ‘Fresh Start Principle’ is available here.
- Each person included in the application must currently live in Ireland and have the right to reside indefinitely in the State.
- Applicants “purchasing power” must not exceed 95% of the market value of the property.
- Your gross household income must be below a certain level. This is calculated by multiplying your gross income by 4. This figure must then be less than 85.5% of the market value of the home. *Alternatively, you must have proof from a bank or financial institution that you cannot get a mortgage for 85.5% of the market value of the home. All income that is assessable can be viewed here.
- The income limits will differ depending on the properties being sold and this information will be included in South Dublin County Council’s advert.
In general, the maximum income limit for an affordable dwelling is 85.5% of the market value divided by 4 (with exceptions), which can be viewed here.
Market Values for Affordable Purchase Housing at Kilcarbery Grange Phase 2:
No of Units
Typical Gross Income limit
3 Bed Mid Terrace
3 Bed Mid Terrace
While it is not a requirement, it is recommended that applicants have their Mortgage Approval in Principle prior to applying for Affordable Housing, or at least be in a position to apply for a mortgage.
A minimum deposit of 10% of the purchase price of the property will also be required so applicants should ensure they have sufficient savings before applying. First time buyer applicants can avail of the Help to Buy Scheme. This is operated by the Revenue Commissioners. For more information please see; https://www.revenue.ie/en/property/help-to-buy-incentive/index.aspx. Please note that you must be borrowing 70% of the purchase price of the property. Funding received from the State as part of a Shared Equity Scheme does not form part of this calculation.
Please be advised that if you are applying as a Fresh Start applicant, you will be required to have a minimum of 20% deposit as per the Central Bank lending rules.