Vacant Housing Repair and Leasing Initiative and Buy to Renew Scheme
Repair and Leasing
South Dublin County Council will assist owners of vacant residential properties with improvement works.
Owners who wish to avail of this scheme should completed the attached enquiry form and submit all relevant documentation. Application form below.
There are a number of requirements in relation to this scheme:
- The property must be vacant for at least one year.
- There must be a social housing demand for property in the area.
- The maximum funding allowable is€60,000 per unit to tackle vacancy in ‘over the shop’ properties and other dwellings.
- Examples of eligible works are new flooring, low grade plumbing/ heating works, energy efficiency upgrades, insulation, painting/decorating, windows/doors upgrade/replacements.
- Significant structural works are not eligible e.g. extension, roof replacement.
- The minimum lease term is 5 years, and the maximum is 25 years depending on the cost of the works.
- The lease payments will be based on the general terms of social leasing which is set at 80% (85% for apartments) of the current market rental rates in the property location.
- A further adjustment to the lease payment to off-set the cost of the repair/upgrade work until the cost of the work has been repaid.
- Property Owners must prove ownership and be tax compliant and must engage the Contractor.
- This initiative is not available for private renting.
South Dublin County Council will assist property owners to develop the scope of the works. Property inspections will be carried out by South Dublin County Council staff and will identify the work required to bring property to the required standard.
Please see attached Repair and Leasing Initiative FAQ’s below for further information.
Buy and Renew Scheme
South County Council and AHB sector are looking for suitable properties to meet the need for social housing. The focus under ‘Buy and Renew’ is older stock as part of tackling dereliction and improving streetscapes in towns/urban areas. Are you aware of any property in your area or town that is vacant or in need of repair? Please complete the form on Link to vacanthomes.ie