South Dublin Libraries are currently open to the public with restrictions in place around face coverings.
- To join the library online, fill out this form with your name, address, email and some other details.
- Click, 'Submit' and you'll be taken to a new page that gives you a 'Temporary' library barcode.
- This will be your library number and you need it to access online services so save it somewhere or write it down and keep it safe.
- This page will also instruct you to 'set a PIN' and will give you a link to do that.
- Once you've set your PIN and you have your library number, you're all ready to access all the online services.
If you are having trouble joining, you can contact your local SDCC library for help. The buildings are closed but staff are available! Find your local library by clicking here.
We've included short guides to getting and using these services below.
How to use Borrowbox for eBooks and Audiobooks
You can download the Borrowbox app or find your library hereto get directed to the web version.
Then you just:
- choose your library from the dropdown menu;
- enter your library number where it asks for your ID/Barcode; and,
- enter your PIN where it asks for PIN/Password.
That's it, you're signed in and ready to browse and read!
How to use RB Digital for online magazines
You can use the RBDigital app or visit online at https://lgma.rbdigitalglobal.com/
You will have to register for a free account, with your library number. To do this:
- Click ‘register’
- Select your country and then select your library service (some library services have their own accounts with RB Digital so you may have two options - for magazines and Transparent Languages, you need to choose the option that has ‘LGMA’ above it)
- Enter your library card number
- Create a username
- Enter a password
That's it, you're all set up!