Applications are now being accepted for the Exploring and Thinking Award 2024
Exploring and Thinking is a collaborative framework for early childhood arts in the Dublin region. It came about in 2016 when the four local authorities South Dublin County, Fingal County, Dublin City and Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown County partnered for the first time to collectively consider early childhood arts provision in the Dublin region.
- To support artistic ambition in cross-artform collaborations, professional development and the research and development of new work in early childhood arts
- To reach new early childhood arts audiences in under-served communities and neighbourhoods
- To stimulate dialogue between Dublin Local Authorities, artists, early childhood educators and organisations
- To build on current research investigating practice across artforms, professional disciplines and context
- To generate advocacy in early childhood arts
- Access with an emphasis on under-served communities and neighbourhoods
- Quality of practice that is evidence and standards based
- Positive impact on artistic practice and the wider early childhood sector
- Focus on Artist that is responsive to emerging and established practitioners
- Sustainability with actions that are achievable, realistic and measurable
Applications must be made through https://sdcc.submit.com You may be required to accept cookies when creating log in details
Call out: 16th October 2023
Closing date for receipt of applications: 2pm - 23 November 2023
Assessment period: Week of the 27th November 2023
Success applicants notified: Week of the 4th December 2023
If you have any queries, please contact Maire Davey on mdavey@DLRCOCO.IE
Mother Tongues are looking to create a network of creative people from around the world who live and/or work in South Dublin County administrative area. The network is free and open to people 16 and over who are active in one or more of the following: Poetry, drama, writing, painting, drawing, sculpture, calligraphy, modeling, mosaic, theatre, dance, music, photography, film making, craft, festivals, arts curation/programming.
What does the network do?
We meet both online and in person to talk about your art, make art together, learn about opportunities in South Dublin County to develop your skills as an artist (like training, mentoring and funding etc).
For more information, you can visit https://mothertongues.ie/arts-and-culture/ or contact Francesca at firstname.lastname@example.org
SCENE: South Dublin Creative Economy Network
South Dublin has a vibrant creative economy, from craft and design, artists of all disciplines, musicians, designers - to name just a few areas - and the Local Enterprise Office and its partners are creating this network to support people working in these sectors.
A comprehensive catalogue of support and a broad calendar of events for the members.
Membership is free and you can register at the following link. **Membership is open to businesses trading and located within the South Dublin County Council Administrative area only.
If you work within a creative industry or plan to, please register to become a member so that we can keep in contact with you and let you know what is going on.