South Dublin County Council in partnership with SDPS now offers citizens of South Dublin a new cashless, ticketless, parking service. Pay and Display locations are as follows:-
New locations will be added in the near future following the introduction of the 2021 Bye Laws.
Residents located in Pay and Display areas can apply for a Resident, Visitor and Commercial Parking Permits
All Parking Permits are for a period of 12 months.
Applying for a parking permit can now be done from the comfort of your own home or business. Simply register and follow the instructions to apply for a permit. Once your details have been uploaded your permit application will be reviewed and processed by SDPS. You can apply for the following permits online: Register Here
- residential permits
- visitor permits
- commercial permits
- change vehicle permits
- suspension of parking spaces
If you would like to apply for a permit by post please download an application form from www.sdps.ie and return to South Dublin Parking Services, PO Box 9965, Dublin 2 with all required documents.
|Residential Parking Permit||€20 for 12 Months (Max 2 permits per household)|
|Visitors Parking Permit||€30 for first permit for 12 Months (Max 2 permits per household)|
|Commercial Permit||€60 per month|
|Suspension of Space Permit||Daily Rate = Hourly Tariff x 10|
|Change of Vehicle||No fee|
How it works
Applying for a permit is very straightforward now:
- Register on-line with an e-mail address.
- Add credit/debit card details (for automatic on-line payment when permit is approved).
- Fill in the desired permit request form.
- Add your address, vehicle details and upload supporting documentation.
- Submit the request.
- SDPS reviews your permit request details.
- When approved, you will receive e-mail notification, hardcopy permits are now only issued for Visitors Permits as Residential Permits are now virtual permits.
Each permit application has slightly different requirements and these are detailed in each application form.
Sample documentation can include:
- A digital copy of current (i.e. dated within the last 3 months) proof of residency showing your name and address, i.e. domestic utility bill, Bank, Credit Union or Credit Card statement; or a registered landlord’s tenancy agreement, acceptable to the Council. (Non-domestic bills and mobile phone bills are not accepted by this Council)
- A digital copy of your current vehicle insurance certificate indicating your name, Dublin address and car registration.
- A digital copy of your current driving licence
- Any other information requested by the Council
A digital copy can be a scanned copy of a document or a photograph from a smartphone, webcam or other such digital device. The files should be saved in image or document format and uploaded with the permit application form.
Please see SDPS website for full terms and conditions.
All parking queries should be directed to SDPS as follows:-
Telephone: 01 5425678 (choose option 4)
Postal address: South Dublin Parking Services, PO Box 9965, Dublin 2