Applying for Residents Parking Permits and Visitor Parking Permits
South Dublin County Council are in the process of reviewing their Parking Byelaws. Until the new Byelaws are in place all Residential and Visitor Permits will only be issued for a period of six months. Commercial permits will continue to be issued as before, however the 12-month option is not available until the new Parking Byelaws are in place.
South Dublin County Council in partnership with GoParkit now offers residents of South Dublin a new cashless, ticketless, parking permit service for:
Applying for a parking permit can now be done from the comfort of your own home or business. Simply register and follow the instructions to apply for a permit. Once your details have been uploaded your permit application will be reviewed and processed by South Dublin County Council. You can apply for the following permits online:
- residential permits
- visitor permits
- commercial permits
- change vehicle permits
- suspension of parking spaces
If you would like to apply for a permit using the old permit application forms, they can be downloaded from the bottom of this page.
|Residential Parking Permit||€10 for 6 Months (Max 2 permits per household)|
|Visitors Parking Permit||€10 for first permit for 6 Months , €25 for second permit for 6 Months (Max 2 permits per household)|
|Commercial Permit||€60 per month with exception of Village Court Public Carpark, Rathfarnham €25 per month|
|Suspension of Space Permit||Daily Rate = Hourly Tariff x 10|
|Change of Vehicle||No fee|
How it works
Applying for a permit is very straightforward now:
- Register on-line with an e-mail address.
- Add credit/debit card details (for automatic on-line payment when permit is approved).
- Fill in the desired permit request form.
- Add your address, vehicle details and upload supporting documentation.
- Submit the request.
- South Dublin County Council reviews your permit request details.
- When approved, you will receive e-mail notification and you can print your permit.
Each permit application has slightly different requirements and these are detailed in each application form.
Sample documentation can include:
- A digital copy of current (i.e. dated within the last 3 months) proof of residency showing your name and address, i.e. domestic utility bill, Bank, Credit Union or Credit Card statement; or a registered landlord’s tenancy agreement, acceptable to the Council. (Non-domestic bills and mobile phone bills are not accepted by this Council)
- A digital copy of your current vehicle insurance certificate indicating your name, Dublin address and car registration.
- A digital copy of your current driving licence
- Any other information requested by the Council
A digital copy can be a scanned copy of a document or a photograph from a smartphone, webcam or other such digital device. The files should be saved in image or document format and uploaded with the permit application form.
Please see GoParkIt website for full terms and conditions.
Hardcopy forms can also be downloaded below and completed forms along with relevant fee can be posted to:
Pay & Display Section,
South Dublin County Council,