The Link for online parking permit applications has changed
Applying for Residents Parking Permits and Visitor Parking Permits
From 1st April 2021, Residential, Visitor and Commercial Permits will be issued by our new services provider South Dublin Parking Service (SDPS) who are contracted to operate the system on behalf of South Dublin County Council.
South Dublin County Council in partnership with SDPS offers residents of South Dublin County Council a cashless, ticketless, parking permit service for:
Tallaght, Lucan, Clondalkin, Palmerstown, Templeogue, Rathcoole, Rathfarnham
Applying for a parking permit can now be done from the comfort of your own home or business. Simply register and follow the instructions to apply for a permit. Once your details have been uploaded your permit application will be reviewed and processed by SDPS on behalf of South Dublin County Council. You can apply for the following permits online:
- residential permits
- visitor permits
- commercial permits
- change vehicle permits
- suspension of parking spaces
|Residential Parking Permit||€20 for 12 Months (Max 2 permits per household)|
|Visitors Parking Permit||€20 for first permit for 12 Months , €50 for second permit for 12 Months (Max 2 permits per household)|
|Commercial Permit||€60 per month with exception of Village Court Public Carpark, Rathfarnham €25 per month|
|Suspension of Space Permit||Daily Rate = Hourly Tariff x 10|
|Change of Vehicle||No fee|
|Replacement Permits||€5 per permit|
Please Note:- These charges are subject to change at any time pending review of the Parking Bye Laws.
How it works
Applying for a permit is very straightforward now:
- Click on the link above or below and follow instructions on how to register with an e-mail address.
- Add credit/debit card details (for automatic on-line payment when permit is approved).
- Fill in the desired permit request form.
- Add your address, vehicle details and upload supporting documentation.
- Submit the request.
- SDPS will review your
- When approved, you will receive e-mail notification –You will no longer have to print your permit, Residential & Commercial Permits will now be virtual, permits will be held electronically, traffic wardens will be able to view your permit through secure hand held devices , enabling them to match your car registration with appropriate permit.
- Visitors permits only will be posted to applicants.
Each permit application has slightly different requirements and these are detailed in each application form.
Sample documentation can include:
- A digital copy of current (i.e. dated within the last 3 months) proof of residency showing your name and address, i.e. domestic utility bill, Bank, Credit Union or Credit Card statement; or a registered landlord’s tenancy agreement, acceptable to the Council. (Non-domestic bills and mobile phone bills are not accepted by this Council)
- A digital copy of your current vehicle insurance certificate indicating your name, Dublin address and car registration.
- A digital copy of your current driving licence
- Any additional information required
A digital copy can be 1. scanned copy of a document or 2. photograph from a smartphone, webcam or other such digital device. The files should be saved in image or document format and uploaded with the permit application form.
Hardcopy forms can also be downloaded from South Dublin Parking Service Website www.sdps.ie
If you have any further queries ring 01 5425678 or email firstname.lastname@example.org