The role of the Audit Committee relates to the corporate governance of the Council, and is set out in the Local Government Act 2014 and the Local Government (Audit Committee) Regulations 2014, to:
- review financial and budgetary reporting practicesand procedures within the local authority that has established it,
- foster the development of best practice in the performance by the local authority of its internal audit function,
- review any audited financial statement, auditor’s report or auditor’s special report in relation to the local authority and assess any actions taken within that authority by its chief executive in response to such a statement or report and to report to that authority on its findings,
- assess and promote efficiency and value for money with respect to the local authority’s performance of its functions,
- review systems that are operated by the local authority for the management of risks.