Dublin Climate Action Week Event Programme Launched
Dublin Climate Action Week (#DCAW22) is back for 2022 and the event programme and online registration has been launched.
A great range of events will be delivered throughout the week, which takes place across Dublin from 12th to 17th September. An overview of the events and online registration is now available at www.dublinclimateactionweek.ie.
The programme, which will be a mix of both in-person and online events, will cover a range of climate themes such as energy, transport, flood resilience, nature-based solutions, resource management and citizen engagement.
From biodiversity walks and business events to pop-up shops and climate festivals the programme is full of interesting solution focussed events which we hope will show the people of Dublin what their local authorities are doing and what they can do to tackle climate change.
You can watch the DCAW22 Programme Promotional Video below:
The week is being organised and delivered by the partnership of South Dublin County Council, Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council, Dublin City Council, Fingal County Council, Codema – Dublin’s Energy Agency and the Dublin Climate Action Regional Office (CARO).
The overall vision of Dublin Climate Action Week 2022 is – ‘to highlight Dublin’s climate action progress to its citizens and demonstrate the leadership role of the four local authorities in conjunction with other partners’.
The agreed shared objectives of the initiative are:
- Demonstrate progress on the implementation of the four Dublin local authority Climate Change Action Plans, and a regional approach to climate action;
- Engage with a full range of partners to share knowledge on efforts and innovation across sectors;
- Make climate action a ‘reality’ allowing citizens to see what climate action looks like;
- Promote this initiative to fully engage with EU and international cities and our climate peers; and
- Create a legacy so that this initiative can carry forward to subsequent years in a variety of ways.
Keep up to date on Dublin Climate Action Week 2022 at #DCAW22 and www.dublinclimateactionweek.ie.