The Community Monuments Fund 2021
Building on the inaugural Community Monuments Fund 2020 granted by the National Monuments Service of the Department of Housing, Local Government and Heritage, the 2021 Community Monuments Fund will continue the investment in our valuable archaeological heritage. The 2021 Fund aims to assist the owners and custodians of archaeological monuments to safeguard them into the future for the benefit of communities and the public.
The 2021 Fund will invest a total of €2,000,000 in the conservation, maintenance, protection and promotion of archaeological monuments. It will:
- enable conservation works to be carried out on monuments which are deemed to be significant and in need of urgent support;
- encourage access to monuments and improve their presentation;
- build resilience in our monuments to enable them to withstand the effects of climate change
The Community Monuments Fund has 3 Streams:
1. Stream 1 will offer grants up to €85,000 aimed at essential repairs and capital works for the conservation and repair of archaeological monuments (Total €1,000,000 available)
2. Stream 2 will offer grants of up to €30,000 for development of Conservation Management Plans/Reports that are aimed at identifying measures for conservation of archaeological monuments and improving public access. (Total €550,000 available.
3. Stream 3 will offer grants of up to €30,000 for enhancement of access infrastructure and interpretation (including virtual/online) at archaeological monuments (including COVID 19 public health measures). (Total €450,000 available)
Full details of the Fund including Explanatory Memorandum, Application Dates, Application Form, and Appraisal Form are available at : https://www.gov.ie/en/circular/4090a-circular-cmf2021-community-monuments-fund-2021/