GPP Supplier Briefing
Did you know that within the Programme for Government there is a commitment to implementing green public procurement (GPP) in all tenders using public funds by 2023?
Green Public Procurement (GPP) is a process where public authorities seek to source goods, services or works with a reduced environmental impact. While GPP already forms part of quotations and tender competitions run by South Dublin County Council, it is anticipated that the volume of competitions including GPP will increase in 2023. As experience in implementing GPP grows the approaches for including it will also become more sophisticated.
To support suppliers with the move to increased use of GPP in tenders South Dublin County Council are holding a briefing session for suppliers on 14th December at 2pm (for bookings click HERE). Further information on the briefing is outlined below:
Green Public Procurement - Briefing Session 14th December
Time: 2pm - 3.30pm
The Programme for Government includes a commitment to implement Green Public Procurement (GPP) in all tenders using public funds by 2023. To support suppliers to successfully engage with GPP measures in tender competitions South Dublin County Council in conjunction with the Local Enterprise Office South Dublin are providing briefing sessions on Green Public Procurement.
- An increased awareness of the Programme for Government commitment of implementing green public procurement (GPP) in all tenders using public funds by 2023 and how this may materialise in upcoming competitions.
- The availability and structure of the EPA GPP Guidelines for the 10 Priority Areas.
- The importance of linking the environmental measures proposed at tender stage to the subject matter of the contract.
- The requirement to deliver the environmental measures proposed at tender stage as part of the contract, and where applicable engaging with the local authority to improve the environmental outcomes over the life of the contract.
- Green public procurement as an opportunity for businesses to get those extra marks to help win public sector contracts.
For bookings click HERE