Description of Scheme:-
- Construction of new off-road cycle tracks on Spawell Road and Wellington Lane;
- Provision of new advisory cycle lanes on Whitehall Road;
- Road safety improvement works, including new Toucan/Zebra Crossings, at:
· Firhouse Road – Spawell Road junction
· Spawell Roundabout
· Wellington Lane – Osprey Road Roundabout
· Wellington Lane – Limekiln Road junction
· Wellington Lane – Templeville Road Roundabout
- Public realm upgrade works, including traffic calming and a 30km/h speed limit on Whitehall Road in the area of the business premises at Whitehall Close and Whitehall Park;
- Improvements to existing bus stops along the route;
- Provision of bicycle parking at locations along the route;
- Replacement of affected trees and other landscaping works throughout the scheme:
- Footpath improvement works throughout the scheme:
- Provision of new road drainage and associated works where required;
- provision of new public lighting, road markings and signage;
Public Notice published in the Echo on the 26th July 2012 and the Irish Independent on the 27th July 2012.
Detailed drawings put on display at:
- Council Headquarters
- County Library
- Ballyroan Community Centre, Rosemount Shopping Centre, Marian Road
- Knocklyon Youth & Community Centre, Idrone Avenue.
Closing date for receipt of submissions 28/09/12.
Part 8 report under the Planning & Development Regulations 2001 - 2011 presented to the County Council meeting on 10th December 2012.
Council proceed with the Part 8 proposal for the construction of a cycle track on Wellington Lane - Whitehall Road as proposed and detailed in the public notices and in accordance with the foregoing report to include the modification as outlined in the foregoing report.
Maintain the existing 2 lane approach into the Orwell Roundabout at the following 2 arms:
· Orwell Road
· Wellington Lane Southbound (From Kimmage towards the Spawell)
The approach into the roundabout from the other two arms and all the traffic lanes going out of the roundabout shall be single lane as per current design in the public consultation drawings.
February 2013: Design being prepared.