Maintenance and Repairs to your Council Home
If you are a tenant in a South Dublin County Council home on which you pay rent you are responsible for repairs of a non-structural nature. Here is a list of tenant responsibilities (subject to the terms of your Tenancy Agreement).
For advise on the following:-
If you have an emergency after 5 pm or at the weekend ring the Out of Hours Service No: (01) 4574907
Note: Tenants who are over 12 weeks in Rent Arrears will only have urgent or emergency repairs carried out to their home.
|Emergency||1 – 5 working days||Smoking Fuse Board|
|Urgent||10 working days||Leak under sink unit|
|Routine||12 weeks +||Replace toilet cistern|
|Cyclical||1 – 7 years||Leaking gutters, replacement hall door etc.|
There is limited scope for houses in the estates of Cushlawn Tallaght and Shancastle Greenfort Clondalkin to be refurbished.
Installation of Budget energy meters/pre paid power facilities
All tenants should note that in accordance with the tenancy agreement written application must be made to the Council for permission to have the above type or any meter change made.
All energy suppliers require proof of written confirmation from ourselves which will be granted once a completed application form is received and a check for suitability carried out.
Copies of the application are available at our Customer Care counters in Tallaght or Clondalkin or a copy may be downloaded here
The Council has completed Phase III of the Refurbishment Programme in Cushlawn in 2011 which saw works carried out at 76 dwellings. Works commenced on Phase III of the Refurbishment Programme in Greenfort and Shancastle and this phase is due for completion in 2013. 74 dwellings will be included in this phase.
The following is the general scope of works within the Refurbishment Programme as required in each case:
- A full electrical upgrade
- Plumbing repairs
- Upgrade of heating systems
- New windows and exterior doors
- Repairs to internal doors and skirtings, floorboards and stairs
- Plastering repairs to internal walls and ceilings
- External and limited internal painting and decor
- New fitted kitchen
- New vinyl floor covering in bathroom and kitchen
- Limited wall tiling above worktop in kitchen and splash-backs in bathroom
- New fire surround and hearth in living room, removal of kitchen fireplace and hearth
- Cavity wall and attic insulation
- Rear post and plank fencing or wall repairs
- Front and side boundary repairs
- Side passage gates and replacement of fuel shed doors and some roofs
For further information on any of the above programmes please contact 01-4149000 or email email@example.com
If you wish to carry out any alterations to your home, you must apply for permission to Maintenance Section at 4149000 or firstname.lastname@example.org