|Overall Community Endeavour Award 2017||€3,000|
|Special Recognition Award 2017||€2,000|
|10 Category Awards of||€1,000|
|Category||Award Name||Who Can be nominated?|
|A||Civic Pride and Community Endeavour||Community groups involved in instilling civic pride and encouraging community participation and endeavour.|
|B||Community Facility of the Year||Community facilities addressing the needs of the local community.|
|C||Sport and Recreation||Clubs & groups that have demonstrated a commitment to the community. Focusing in particular on the positive impact and response to community development needs|
|D||Social Inclusion Award||Community groups that create opportunities for all to participate in local/community life.|
|E||Active Age Award||Active age groups providing support, activities and services by and for older people.|
|F||Gradam Cultúr agus Oidhreacht na hÉireann||Community groups working to promote the Irish language, Irish culture, local history or local heritage.|
|G||Community/School Garden or Allotment||Community groups and/or schools who provide community/school gardens or who work on providing local community/school allotment(s).|
|H||Community Sustainability Initiative||Community groups who are involved in and promote environmentally sustainable initiatives in their local community.|
Groups can only apply on their own behalf. Only one application should be made per category.
|Category||Award Name||Who can be nominated?|
|I||Corporate Endeavour||Community groups can nominate businesses who have a track record of supporting local community initiatives.|
|J||Volunteer of the Year||Community groups can nominate a volunteer who has made a significant contribution to their local community.|
Groups can nominate Business or Volunteers for consideration for these awards. Only one nomination should be made per category.
· Categories A to H are self-nomination categories i.e. Groups entering can only apply on their own behalf. Only one application should be made per category. Select the category which you feel best fits the work of your group.
· Categories I to J - Groups can nominate a Business or a Volunteer. Only one nomination should be made per category.
· Applicants must be located and/or have a significant operation within the administrative area of South Dublin County Council.
· Applications may be made as follows:
o Online at www.sdcc.ie
o By downloading a form from www.sdcc.ie
· Please return completed forms to:
South Dublin County Council,
County Hall, Tallaght,
· Please note that as applications will be assessed solely on information supplied, it is vital to fully complete application and attach any documents you feel will strengthen your application.
· Community groups must be registered with the Public Participation Network (PPN).
Please note that the independent judging panel will assess entries and decide on awards based on community effort, participation, achievement and value to their community.
The judging panel reserve the right to re-categorise applications, if deemed appropriate.
· The closing date for receipt of applications is:
FRIDAY 13th OCTOBER 2017 AT 4PM
· Late applications will not be accepted.